Monday 25 May 2009

small... medium... and XTRA LARGE!!!

so i got round to fondling a couple of watches this week... hmm may not be the best word to use... but mates of mine know that i do get turned on by inanimate objects ;)

referring to my last post then, if someone were to ask me, what are the pieces you are saving up your bullets for raph? well there were 2 on the list... and they have fallen off the list because one was too small... one was too medium with a number of issues and thats it... no other key targets... for now at least...

there was also one XTRA LARGE one i saw this week. it is not a target. its is huge and i don't believe its a wearable watch for me and many others. However there is one saving grace... it looks HOT in pictures! :)

the moral of the post then is simple... u always have to see your targets in the metal before deciding to buy and repeat after me 'always try before u buy'. hope u all enjoy the following pics. cheers, raph


lets start with the small one first... doesn't look it actually but it looked comical on my wrist... floating in wide open space...
Photobucket

Photobucket

lug to lug width and diameter is bigger on my 36mm vianney halter classic..
Photobucket

doesn't look that small but on my wrist it didn't work at all...
Photobucket

and because i told him it was not to be... he quickly proceeded to give me the finger .!.
Photobucket

next up the uber gorgeous lange dato... medium sized german hottie...
Photobucket

ooh u sexy thing... ultra cool front
Photobucket

and jawdropping back...
Photobucket

Photobucket

individual u say?... i'm a believer :)
Photobucket

but too many things didn't work for me for the Lange Dato... it wears small. although 38.5mm it visually looks smaller on my wrist compared to my FPJ Octa Reserve de Marche... i would think its because of the fat bezel on the dato and the black dial that does it. If I am plonking down fifty large (in sing$) for this piece it has to not have so many things to nitpick. (case diameter should be bigger for its thickness, thinner bezel would be nice, sub-dials some light brownish color, luminous! hour and minute hand, too dense - like wearing a platinum ingot, and the plat seems to scratch pretty easily, my mates piece was pretty badly scratched from shirt cuffs. my fpj plat is in much better shape)

and we come to the last piece... the mac daddy... the beast... the hockey puck... huh??!
Photobucket

before we check out the rest of the better pics of it... 2 comparo shots with its granddaddy... yes it is a descendent of the submariner... kids these days are getting bigger and its not for the better
Photobucket

Photobucket

but it does look pretty fine in photos (not praising my photo taking yuh, i was just surprised how fine it looked in pics is all) ;)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...