there is a watch connection... first i heard of wotancraft is for the panerai straps they do and they do look good. the pricier and nice vintagized range be found here LINK. some of them are reproductions of the classic old skool straps(in the style of those worn by Italian frogmen in WWII) and i nearly pulled the trigger in the past on one in this range but that watch has sailed... uhm i mean the Panerai has dived out of my watchbox on a Maiali or pig which was the nickname for the SLC 'siluri a lenta corsa' or slow running torpedos that the Decima Flottiglia MAS rode on... nevermind...
what i do have though are cameras and camera equipment and they need a bag. my day to day bag was getting a bit knackered too so i was looking for a camera bag that was versatile enough to use as a day to day bag for when i traverse vast concrete jungles!
strap, which i do have on it & no insert, it's a light setup i can take with me daily. you can buy alternate
straps too(and lighter inserts) if you find the one it comes with too heavy but that's added cost to take note of
carrying it and why would you want that when there are shots of her carrying it ;) LINK
to a thunderstorm i was in recently. if the waterproof insert is used, i think it's safe to say your camera
equipment will be nice and dry when you need to use them no fluids are getting in there...
i normally have it zipped to the side where i can access it easily with my right hand
that's not even putting in your camera equipment in
quality & toughness vs weight in this case
with US$259 with regular insert and US$299 with waterproof insert for a camera bag or for a day to day bag...
one niggle for me is the main closure... was a bit tough to open and close one handed but
i am gettin the hang of it
and u can squeeze an ipad imbetween the insert and back of the bag but it will be a tight fit
- steve huff with video review
- simply photo
- la vide leica review of 2013 scout & comparo of 2014 and older version
- travel photographer
Note this review is a personal opinion and i get absolutely nothing for doing it. the links are there just if u're keen on picking up one or checkin it out for yerself.
- Link to the bag on wotancraft site & order page here LINK
- Link to their retail shop and retail partners in various countries LINK [best would be to check it out in the canvas/leather and assess if it suits your needs/budget before you buy it if you can] - This cost S$365 from their retailers in MBS in SG.
- The clean, smart looking ryker costs S$550 which might be preferred over this for some folks... it looks good too LINK