Tuesday 6 February 2007

Speaking of G-shocks...

G-shocks... (For continuity, check out the end of my last post :)

Nothing wrong with them in my opinion. It ain't mechanical and it ain't haute horology of course but it works and it does do its functions oh so well.

And what exactly are those functions for the model I have... Perpetual calendar ;) , 10 timezones(with half hour/quarter hour settings if needed), chronograph, 2 alarms, countdown timer, dive log, automatic electro luminescence light, its solar powered, has a power reserve indicator, can hold some personal data, God knows what else...

Oh I actually got 2 of em and I find them really cool. They get wrist time whenever I am at the gym which I do try to hit twice a week, or poolside, or if I'm ever at a beach. Sometimes when my outfit goes better with it, or I am heading out to the nearby grocers, its on the wrist again. And to me it looks good. Much better than some automatics I have seen and for not much money. They are fun. Of course there are some monstrosities in the casio and quartz watch ranges but you just gotta be selective is all :) These babies can of course take a beating and don't seem any worse for wear.

Note for the pic below: I didn't sync up the times as yet coz its a pic after I just got one of em. After they were synced up with atomic they were and are constantly in sync with each other and run spot on or +1sec a day :) Bless their digital quartz souls

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...