Thursday 12 April 2007

Dissapointed!!!


Damn are the IWC design department and the Rolex boys drinking Zenith kool aid or what??? Have you seen those designs? and whats with having over 5-10 new and not fantastic watches in a year??? Very dissapointed... Why? because I want IWC to do well, just as I want Rolex, AP, Panerai, JLC, Patek and Lange to do well in terms of their new watches as I hope to own watches offered from these watch houses. I am happily 4 out of 7 as of now.

My first thoughts on seeing the da vinci were that they weren't fantastic but not that bad and the ceramic doppel with the top gun thing has always been a bad joke IMO on the holders of the LEs seeing that its larger and a regular production piece. However the top gun emblazoned on it lowers its desirability a fair bit.

But the other new models are just... just ... I give up. The new St Exup power reserve looks like a joke. The one last year was a design winner which is why i dreamt of it and acquired it and they follow that up with this?

Pretty nice Patek


Passable :
- Pilot’s Watch Chrono-Automatic Edition Laureus Sport for Good Foundation
-
Pilot’s Watch Chrono-Automatic in RG
The rest don't improve on their 2006 lineup imho

For rolex, only the steel gmt master does something for me...

anyways do take a look at timezones basel sihh 2007 coverage here lots of scary watches but one can hope to find some nice ones...
for the iwc new range, you gotta be a member of the iwc forum... its in the articles section...

I haven't seen all the watches out yet but of those I have seen, bregeut and omega seem to be doing something right design wise based on the press pics, the marques I love have been coming up short so far... lets see what else the next few days bring...

sorry for the rant... it could be the lack of sleep :) I love being a daddy... over and out


Bregeut ... nice




ok this is decent... unlike some of the truly indecent ones they have released this round

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...