Saturday 8 March 2008

just a damn fine opinion - editorial :)

Note: Permission was sought and obtained for the usage of this piece from the
owner Mr. Chuck Maddox and in its unadulterated form can be viewed at this
link


The question posed in the timezone forum and Chucks revert are all there is to say about this :) any minor additional edits of mine is in orange

now an opinion, if you don't mind ... given the choice and cash in your hand, would you pick a new one (moonwatch), or hold out for a top notch, vintage with 321? which and why?

I think I'll go back to my old standby reasoning... Randall 'Memphis' Raines (Nicholas (Coppola) Cage) from the movie “Gone in 60 Seconds”.

Scene in an L.A. Hollywood area Ferrari Dealership

Photobucket

Roger (Ferrari salesman): My name's Roger, Sir. May I be of some help?

Randall 'Memphis' Raines: That's funny, my name's Roger... Two Rogers don't make a right. hahaha... Roger, I have a problem...

Roger: Yes?

Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's ‘A’ list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.

Roger: Well, a Ferrari would certainly change that.

Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes. ...

Memphis: ... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks® this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam ...

Roger: You would not be a self-indulgent weiner, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.

Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

_____________________________________________________________

Ok... Substitute the car Memphis is gesturing at with just about any new watch, and exchange the phrase ‘1967 275 GTB four-cam’ with 1967-69 ST 145.012 Pre-Moon Pro, and you pretty much have my feelings on the topic.

It's not that the new ones aren't nice, it's not that they are less of a watch than the old one. No they are fine watches. But the vintage ones, they are something special.

Kapesch?

Chuck

Yes I kapesch... Hear Hear ;) and do check out the
short vid below if u havent seen it before
:)

[interesting this would be my first video link ever... hope its not the last :)]


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...